Thursday, July 23, 2009

White Priviledged America wear their feelings on their sleeves while Black America has been struggling through blood, sweat, and tears for equality

...and they are still fighting to prove themselves even after the election of the first Black President
Racism is sin. I believe it is "America's original sin." Reverse Racism? You got to be kidding me? Poor disfranchised white people. We really have it soooo bad. I wish someone would walk in our priviledged shoes-we have never been slaves, beaten, lynched, denied the right to vote(I'm talking males here), considered an animal and the list goes on.(I'm talking about as a race of people not individually)
Yes our current President is an over-achiever and trying to do too much. Some might make the racist comment that hes's being uppity. Hmmm. Maybe he's trying to prove himself to a priviledged race that doubts that anyone who is of another race can lead us.
The election of the first Black President has exposed us for who we really are. We don't like the racism of our past exposed and this event has not only exposed the racism of our past but the anger, hate and racism of the present.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not idolizing Obama. He is far from perfect and I do not agree with him on every issue. However, he shows us the strength and power of a race of people who have been hated and despised similar to the Jews. He has the chutzpah to stand up to the priviledged!
I know racism. I was born in Louisiana. I've seen it and how it separates, categories, labels and divides a group of people who were loved before the foundation of the world by a Savior who came to save us from our sins and bring us all together as one.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I think I'd like to talk about this off the blog, because peoople interpret things sometimes in a way its not meant. Richard, while in principle I have agreement with you--on the other hand I think there is a balance here, I think you've left out a whole culture of what was called poor white trash in the 30's and 40's, I remmebr stories from my father-in-law who lived in a tent in Bakersfield and there were no blacks picking cotton they were all down and out white folks, I also remember the lessons about the Irish who came over on the boat and their struggle and other races of people that struggled to build themselves a place in this society. I was raised as well in a black community, Your perspective seems a little liberal in its approach to the issue..when I worked at the university at Fullerton, I heard a lot of this, but often people don't want to hear that there was another side to our melting pot and American growth, including mistreatment of Indians, the Asians, and others who also built this country, so the other thing that I have learned a long time ago, it was indeed rich white Christians that made many of the moves in History to help turn around black oppression, look at the 60's marches and they weren't all black, and I am not so old that I can't remember Peter, Paul, and Mary and many other musical groups who were against racism, and so I think a real exploration of this subject for me gives a little different perspective on it, again I didn't grow up in the south, but I have seen prejudiced from many places, its in the hearts of men and it is taught or acquired.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, You make good points but I'm not stereotyping all white people because I would be stereotyping myself, you and many others. I was not dealing with the mistreatment of the other races but that should be noted. The Irish and Germans were mistreated as well.
    My perspective is from my experience in the South where I grew up around racism. The Blacks and whites were segregated. Both sides did not trust anyone. The "hate" was unbelievable and came from people who called themselves Christians. I see hints of this in the political debate and my e-mail is full of forwards from people with racist rants and cartoons. This is the political climate and its a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard --o.k. yes, yes and yes!!! Even in California I did see this and so while I enrpreted this somehwat more for more of a a liberal view as I was reading it, I also now see where your coming from, thats why I said we should dicuss this off the blog, I probably might of got that from you?
    Well thank GOd for the Chrisitans Black and White that have stood up for these issues whehter early England (Wilburforece?), the civil war politicians of the North and Pastors, Martin Luther King, many or most were influenced by the Word. Got ya on that now!! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete